Our client is a world class global freight and logistics company with ambitious plans for further growth and expansion. Growth will come both organically as well as via M&A, and as a consequence there is a requirement for a UK based CFO to work alongside an established C-Suite team. The role is both commercial and strategic and will require an outstanding candidate with a real focus on value creation and a business first skillset.
Key deliverables of the role will include:
- Taking a lead role in M&A , evaluating potential targets and integrating these post acquisition;
- Managing, coaching and developing a multi- site , multi- business , multi- jurisdiction senior finance team leading them to achieve timely delivery of all financial outputs;
- Leading that team to develop the strength of reporting as well as enhancing and developing policies, processes and disciplines to improve financial robustness;
- Overall responsibility for developing and enhancing analytical and forecasting tools to provide insightful performance reporting and insight to the board of the business and the Group as well as investors;
- Overall responsibility for tax and treasury
- Likely candidates will have a strong commercial and operational skill set and see the CFO role as that of peer level, executive support, providing guidance on the financial implications of Board decisions.
- They will be clear communicators with an ability to grasp corporate strategy and a track record of creating value at a senior level in a multi- site, international , B2B environment with blue chip clients.
- They will have experienced growth in a same size or larger environment – at least with a revenue of c£500m.
- Exposure to private equity would be highly preferred as well as previous international M&A and joint venture creation.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance professional who is looking to further his/her career in a fast paced, dynamic and global organisation which will require some international travel (restrictions permitting) but is UK based.
Please clearly state in your application where you are prepared to work / be located in the UK, as well as your current salary and notice details.
We are committed to encouraging and celebrating applicants from different backgrounds, whatever their gender, ethnicity, race, religious and political beliefs, education, socioeconomic background, disability, sexual orientation and geographical location to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Apply for CFO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly