Commercial Finance Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst
£40,000 - £50,000 + bonus, benefits & flexible working.
Aila is excited to announce that it’s in partnership with a leading, listed, energetic and multi-site leisure business in the recruitment of an ambitious Commercial Finance Analyst in Cranfield. They have a current turnover of c.£80m, is excited about what the future holds, and they currently have over 40 sites across the UK with plans to increase this. They have a very supportive, inclusive and supportive culture in their head office and the Commercial Finance Manager is looking for somebody that is ambitious and wants to take their job in the next 18 months.
We’re looking for an ACA/ACCA/CIMA Newly Qualified or Finalist level Accountant with commercial acumen and the emotional intelligence to operate within a small finance function and build relationships effectively across all levels of the business, including the senior execs. This role will sit within a small commercial finance team of 5, reporting into the Commercial Finance Manager, supporting them with adding value and providing senior managers with the key financial information and analysis to allow them to take the company forward successfully.
You will play a key role in providing financial analysis and insight to enable strategic and operational decisions across the company, so it is essential you’ve had experience in analytics but that you’re a commercial thinker with an eye for detail.
You will be a confident and assuring individual with excellent Excel skills and the ability to build relationships across the wider business. A strongly analytical mind and a problem-solving mindset is essential as the business is continuously changing and it’s a fast paced environment. Because of this, there is an immediate opportunity to develop further and progress within this commercial finance team.
- Providing timely and accurate financial analysis for the entire group, delivering regular data and insight to assist senior management in decision making to drive overall company performance.
- Weekly trading and promotional reporting on sites as well as longer term projects and business initiatives, including post implementation reviews on new sites and capital investments, highlighting any risks and identifying opportunities for further growth.
- Managing marketing P&L which includes the month end process, budgeting and re-forecasting and analysing the effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Business partnering marketing managers to ensure their initiatives are delivering strong returns on investments.
- Ownership of capital asset spend analysis and forecasting, ensuring senior management are aware of any risks or opportunities within capital investment plans.
- Create, refine and automate reporting tools, models and dashboards that provide analysis and insight into KPI’s.
- Provide support to the Commercial Finance Manager and wider finance team on annual projects including reforecasting, budgeting and strategic planning.
To be successful in this role, you will be an ambitious individual with a genuine desire to progress in the next 18 months and be either qualified or very close to qualifying, with previous experience in an added value commercial finance role and a strong finance background.
Aila is a specialist finance recruitment business that was established with a modern vision of what a recruitment partner should be. With a genuine goal to provide the best jobs to the best people, we operate as an extended arm of our client’s business and a career coach for our candidates ongoing development.
Apply now for more information on this role. If you’re looking to make a move but this role is different to what you’re looking for, get in contact with us today and start a partnership with a finance agency that puts you first.