A talented and ambitious Semi-senior Accountant is required to join a friendly team within a growing reputable firm in Iver, Bucks. The successful candidate will ideally, but not necessarily, be part qualified and will have gained good general practice experience including accounts preparation, bookkeeping, personal tax, corporate tax, payroll and VAT work.
Key Skills & Experience of the Semi-Senior Accountant will include:
- Accounts Preparation from client software, eg Sage, Quickbooks etc to partner review for a variety of business types including sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies.
- Preparing personal and corporate tax returns including CT600’s and self-assessment returns.
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Preparing and filing VAT returns and EC Sales lists
- Preparing and filing CIS returns and verifying subcontractors for CIS.
- Experience in client facing aspect of business, answering phone calls and emails, filing, bookkeeping, administering payroll and End of Year Returns, maintaining sales and purchase ledger.
- Processing journals, reconciling bank accounts and invoice finance and factor accounts, reconciling balance sheet accounts and maintaining nominal ledger and fixed asset register.
- Their previous experience would also have covered a variety of things, including calculating foreign currency gains and losses, calculating and providing for accruals and prepayments, and dealing with inter-company balances.
- Undertaking financial admin duties on behalf of clients, extending and shortening accounting periods, manually calculating SSP and SMP, using Government Gateway and HMRC portal and liaising with HMRC.
The ideal Semi-Senior Accountant will have previous practice ideally have IRIS, Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll experience and in return will receive a salary between £26k-£32k
Apply for Semi-Senior Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly