VAT Analyst/Manager - Retail
This position will mainly have accounting responsibilities and VAT included. This role would sit within the electronically supplied services team and would be responsible for confirming requirements to register for VAT in jurisdictions in and outside the EU. It would involve filing VAT returns in these jurisdictions.
The candidate will be able to analyse large sums of data and will have good knowledge of excel. This person will be expected to take ownership of their role as well as support the other team members when needed. Responsibilities include:
- Work with external advisors to understand the requirements for VAT registrations.
- VAT return preparation and filing
- Respond to Tax queries from Tax office
- Reconciliation of the VAT account
- Providing VAT support internally
- Complete documents required as well as work with internal stakeholders to source required documentation.
- Reconciliation work between the refund requests and source data and put into a format required by the tax administration to support the refund requests.
- 2+ years Accounting or VAT Compliance experience including filing VAT returns
- Hands on experience in filing VAT returns
- Experience of working within VAT or accounting
- Strong excel and systems skills
- A team player who is confident in communicating with others and able to work within a team, taking ownership and responsibility for their work under minimal supervision
- Experience of VAT compliance for electronically supplied in the EMEA
- Ideally with experience of European VAT compliance
- Accounting qualification or degree
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of accounting methods and systems
- A strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Relevant accounting experience (public/private mix preferred)
- Experience with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Experience of VAT registrations.
Apply for Tax Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly