Financial Analyst - M&A
Private Equity-backed technology business requires an M&A Manager to work closely with the CFO / Head of Finance on M&A process from initial target identification / negotiation through to execution.
The ideal profile for this role is an ambitious newly/recently qualified ACA (1-3 years PQE) with experience in transaction services / M&A, looking to make first move from public practice into commerce and industry with a fast-growing, private-equity-backed, highly acquisitive technology group.
The company has offices in the City of London and Hampshire, but they are looking for an individual who is comfortable with remote-working; visiting the office (either Hampshire of London City) 2-4 times per month.
We welcome applications with this profile from across the country who are happy to work on this basis.
Reporting to the CFO, the M&A Analyst will work closely with senior management to increase group efficiency and profitability by assisting with the formulation of the short, medium, and long-term financial plan.
- Assisting throughout an M&A process from initial target identification / negotiation through to execution
- Owning the budgeting and forecasting process including meeting PE reporting requirements
- Improve and challenge month end processes, including reporting packs and trend analysis
- Develop and enhance financial reporting to provide accurate and insightful information to decision makers in a timely matter
- Drive financial assessment of business cases for future investments e.g. into ERP systems and calculating ROI
- Bring and instil best practice approach to building reports and models
- Transform and continuously improve existing FP&A processes to better address business needs and to create scalability (e.g. via automation, simplification, centralisation, standardisation)
- Provide any ad hoc reporting or analysis as requested
- Take on managerial responsibility from Day 1 and as we grow and develop / mentor team members
Required skills and experience
- 1-3 years post-qualification experience
- ACA qualification or equivalent
- Experience across M&A and financial planning
- Ideally Big 4 / Top 10 audit and Transaction Services experience
- Proven experience of challenging and influencing senior stakeholders and the ability to think and support strategically
- Proven experience in developing and delivering high quality financial reporting, trend analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in excel and experience in building 3 statement financial models
- Strong communicator
- Capable of leading and developing a team
This is an excellent time to join this ambitious and fast-moving technology group.
They have recently acquired 3 established businesses and have plans for more in the coming months.
Ideally you will be on one month or less notice.
Remote / Flexible Working
Apply for Financial Analyst - M&A
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly