Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst role with a leading global manufacturer, based in Chapeltown.
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading, multi-billion dollar turnover specialist manufacturer of specialist products, based in Chapeltown.
Following continued growth, the organisation are looking to appoint into a role based in South Yorkshire.
Your new role
You'll be joining the organisation at an exciting time of continued growth.
Undertaking the role of Operations Senior Finance Analyst, you' will be responsible for providing insight into manufacturing variances and highlighting areas for opportunities through guidance and liaison with site operations, prepare and input monthly journals, reconcile inventory balance sheet accounts, investigate errors with ERP system and update monthly reports.
- Providing guidance and financial expertise to operations and local management.
- Providing insight and explanation to manufacturing variances.
- Identifying areas for opportunity and waste elimination.
- Understand and comply with month end close timetable.
- Prepare monthly standard journals in accordance with monthly checklists.
- Update manufacturing efficiency reports and gain a basic understanding of those reports.
- Review monthly reconciliations of inventory.
- Produce manufacturing reports for local management.
- Support in identifying variances and results to local management.
- Gain a general understanding of corporate and local finance policies.
- Business Partner local management with information and support.
- Participate in local budgeting and forecasting processes in co-operation with site finance managers.
- Support local Finance Managers as required.
- Provide information for production of statistical and legal data to meet national government requirements.
- Support Physical Inventory counts at EMEAI sites.
Finance / ERP System - Oracle
- Maintain financial and cost coding in Oracle
- Prepare and upload standard journals
- Maintain standard material and conversion costs on Oracle 11i system.
- Regular Sub Ledger Updates and correct issues arising.
- Update SAC costs on a monthly basis.
- Maintain inventory provisions in accordance with corporate policy.
- Understand process flows within Oracle.
- Work with other Finance departments within SSC and EMEAI to ensure accurate running of the Finance function
- Ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental policies
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a qualified accountant, and will demonstrate key strengths in standard costing, variance analysis and business partnering (ideally cross-border).
You'll be confident with the use of ERP systems (Oracle would be of benefit but is not essential), alongside Excel, and demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
A background from manufacturing of similar industry is a requirement of this role.
Some travel may be required post-Covid, some of which will be cross-border/international c-15%.
What you'll get in return
Salary: up to £45,000 p/a
25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
Flexible working available - up to 2 days from home
Generous pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.