Operations Finance Supervisor/Analyst Team Supervisor
Operational Finance role with a leading global manufacturer, based in Chapeltown - up to £50,000 p/a +5% bonus
Your new company
I'm delighted to be working with a leading, multi-billion dollar turnover specialist manufacturer of specialist products, based in Chapeltown.
Following continued growth, the organisation are looking to appoint into a role based in South Yorkshire.
Your new role
You'll be joining the organisation at an exciting time of continued growth.
Undertaking the role of Operations Finance Supervisor, you'll be conducting a key role for the EMEA region of the business, utilising strong business partnering skills with various sites across the region, demonstrating a strength in standard costing and variance analysis.
Reporting into an off-site Operations Finance Manager, you'll be undertaking a relatively autonomous role, responsible for the team supervision and support in maintenance of the costing, inventory and manufacturing data within Oracle, posting monthly journals, process improvements and liaison with auditors.
- Co-ordinate the development of annual standard costs for all raw materials, Gross Operating Margin, and purchased Finished Goods for EMEA
- Assist the Operations Accounting Manager to coordinate, train, and participate in the annual physical inventory process at Manufacturing facilities
- Maintain integrity of Inventory on the general ledger, reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations prepared by direct reports for completeness and accuracy
- Coordinate and book quarterly Inventory General Ledger to Sub-ledger (Perpetual) true up
- Work with various departments to ensure tasks are completed as required (Business Unit Finance, Supply Chain, Global Procurement, HQ Merchandise Control).
- Coordinate the review of quarterly material standard cost updated for all raw materials, GOM, and purchased Finished Goods.
- Manage the activities of operations accounting staff, which include the monthly financial analysis of operational variances: absorption, usage, purchase price variance, and revaluation.
- Maintain oversight of cycle counts programs across sites
- Review monthly shrinkage for reasonableness, prepare monthly summary of shrink results to help identify and correct root cause issues
- Assist with monthly forecast and annual budgets
- Perform ad-hoc costing analysis to contribute to maximising profit
- Improve processes and waste elimination,
- Understand and comply with month end close timetable.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a qualified accountant, and will demonstrate key strengths in standard costing, variance analysis and business partnering (ideally cross-border).
You'll be confident with the use of ERP systems (Oracle would be of benefit but is not essential), alongside Excel and Access.
A background from manufacturing of similar industry is a requirement of this role.
What you'll get in return
Salary: £50,000 p/a + 5% bonus
25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
Flexible working available - up to 2 days from home
Generous pension contribution
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.