Our client is the largest network of accountants, currently working from over 300 locations throughout the UK, who focus their accountancy skills specifically on small businesses and taxpayers needing a tax return in the UK. They specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings and tax advice to small businesses. They have 80,000 clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies and Personal Taxpayers.
A vacancy has arisen for a Practice Accountant to join their expanding accountancy practice in Lincoln. They provide a friendly, flexible and proactive all year-round service to small businesses and individuals in the local area.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Preparation and review of Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Preparation and review of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for Sole Traders, Rental Property Income, Individuals and Partnerships
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations for Limited Companies
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns
- Provision of client-focused support including client meetings
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between clients/visitors/enquirers and staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person, and to verbal or written instructions
- Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, personal appearance and adherence to relevant health and safety procedures
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment and materials for which the role has responsibility
- Plus other duties consistent with the grade as directed.
Ideal candidate experience requirements:
- AAT/ACCA/ICAEW qualified/part qualified or equivalent
- Or qualified by experience (Min 2 years practice experience).
- Recent and relevant experience in a practice environment
- Current working knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
- Strong knowledge of cloud based accounting systems
- Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients
- Conscientious, committed and reliable
- Able to work to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of your work
You must have a “can do” attitude and be able to work independently with appropriate support. You should be proactive, motivated and willing to learn, with a problem-solving attitude. You will be confident in engaging with clients to build a rapport and offer solutions and direction.
Salary and Benefits
£22,000 - £32,000 depending on experience
Company pension scheme
In-house training programme and ongoing CPD
Employee assistance programme - Health Assured
This is an important position for our client and an excellent opportunity to join a market-leading organisation in a key role where you will be able to in?uence its future success.
Please apply now via our client’s dedicated online recruitment process, which also includes a couple of assessments, but should take you no longer that 15-20 minutes to complete.