Group Head of Accounting
Your new company
I am currently working with a fast growing, PE backed insurance broker with ambitious expansion plans and a dynamic and flexible approach. They are a very acquisitive business and offer an exciting opportunity to join the London finance function in a senior management position.
Your new role
This is a broad and varied role with key responsibilities including:
- Leading preparation for monthly consolidated accountants and year end statutory accounts
- Lead month end process
- Staff management of a team of reports
- Assisting in technical accounting queries and support to M&A deals
- Onboarding and integration support of new acquisitions
- Responsible for preparation of monthly consolidated portfolio accounts and statutory accounts for year end
- Leading the month-end timetable and deliverables working alongside the Finance Business Partners
- Overseeing and managing a team of accountants
- Providing technical accounting support to new M&A alongside the Controller
- Assisting with the onboarding and accounting integration of newly acquired entities
- Liaise with the external auditors, ensuring requests and timelines are completed on time
- Maintenance of strong controls environment.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with post qualified experience in the insurance or financial services sectors. You will have a strong working knowledge of FRS102 and IFRS. You will need a proven record of leading staff and delivering reports in a timely and accurate fashion, with M&A/integration experience beneficial.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast growing and forward thinking organisation which really values staff, offering excellent flexibility and development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.