Finance Controller - Harrogate - High Growth Business
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ACA/ACCA Qualified Finance Manager/Controller to join a very high growth, modern and forward thinking global business based in Harrogate!
This entrepreneurial SME have been established for just over 20 years, and since they formed have experienced phenomenal year on year growth, with 2020 being one of their most successful year's in business. The company operate across the whole of the UK and overseas, and have further ambitious growth plans for 2022/23!
As a consequence of their most recent success, they are now looking to hire an ambitious, driven and motivated Finance Controller to report directly to the CFO, and oversee the small finance function. The role with be instrumental in the business growth over the next few years, and play a key role in improving and streamlining processes through that journey.
The role would be ideally suited to an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with strong technical accounting knowledge, looking for their 1st or 2nd Finance Controller/Manager role, with an exciting, forward thinking SME in North Yorkshire!
Reporting directly to the CFO and overseeing a finance team of 5, the key duties of this role will include:
- Completing monthly accounting requirements to close month end
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack
- Reviewing actual performance vs targets
- Preparation of cash flow forecast and regular monitoring of cash-flow requirements
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts and fully reconciled
- Support CFO with budgeting and forecasting
- Development of controls appropriate to the size and needs of the business
- Preparation of external audit requirements and manage requests from auditors
- Provision of information for tax reporting and computations
- Managing the transactional finance team and day to day activities
- Other projects and ad-hoc requirements as directed by CFO
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACA or ACCA Qualified - Essential
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years post qualification experience within a technical accounting role in practice or industry- Essential
- Have previous experience of overseeing/mentoring or supervising staff - Desirable
- Have the ability to identify and implement process improvements - Essential
- Free on site parking
- Hybrid working options
- Private Healthcare
- Complimentary Flu Vac and Eye Tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Life and Critical Illness Insurance
- Regular Social Events
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.