Commercial Financial Controller
£70,000 to £80,000 plus Benefits
Leicestershire, East Midlands
Our client has maintained a good profile of trading activity in spite of Covid and is now poised to accelerate its' growth agenda. Backed by a supportive private equity fund manager which invests in high growth acquisitive businesses, the outlook is exciting.
ABPM is now recruiting for a commercial finance leader to support the CFO to join and deliver group financial agendas, ensure the production of commercially astute and incisive management information and analysis which will support the Senior Executive team and the Board. In addition to the above, you can expect to be an influential support to the development of financial systems and processes and supporting pre and post acquisition activities.
- Develop and implement financial strategies and controls that support achievement of objectives.
- Deliver timely, high quality, robust management information and reporting in line with Board requirements.
- Prepare monthly reporting package, including operating results, KPIs and financial position and variance explanations.
- Prepare monthly forecast update, primarily by working closely with department heads in forecasting their department's sales overheads and cash flow.
- Provide technical, commercial, organisational and management support to Senior Management Team and Directors.
- Manage and develop current systems, and introduce and implement new systems to incorporate group requirements for purchasing, costs, I.
- Assist the CFO in preparing the annual corporate budgets.
- Support staff outside Finance department to prepare and understand financial information.
- Contribute to strategy reviews such as financial forecasting ensuring they are subject to appropriate challenge and analysis
Develop a High Performing team
- As business grows, ensure team develops to meet requirements of business.
The successful candidate will have some or all the following:
- Prior experience within or leading an Accounting function in a fast-growing PE controlled business is preferred.
- Good understanding of Corporate Finance preferred.
- You will require excellent report creation and development skills including the use of KPI's to explain trends at Board level.
- Substantive experience in the general control of financial operations including budgeting, analysis, cash flow, investigations, problem solving.
- Team management and development experience.
- Experience of working in a multi site business.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Must be fully qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- A team player with experience of working with multi-disciplined teams in management accountant role.
- Articulate and attentive to detail, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to stand in for the CFO when required.
- Proven advanced systems experience.
- Flexibility to deal with fast changing business circumstances.
- At least 3 years post qualification.
If this sounds of interest please contact ABPM for more details by phone, emailing your CV quoting our job reference EX56723 or applying online.
0115 9061 222
All contact details can be found via our website.