Adele Carr Financial Recruitment is supporting the recruitment requirement of a reputable, service provider who are looking to appoint a Financial Controller on a full time, permanent basis.
Based in Cheshire, the successful new appointment will provide much needed support to the MD and board of Directors. This is an ambitious, growing SME and you will take immediate control of the back office finance function and the team to ensure all management accounts are produced in an accurate, timely manner.
The ideal applicant will be qualified, with a proven, ' hands on ' background working within an SME environment. This is certainly a role with autonomy, allowing you the time to manage your own daily, weekly and monthly workloads. (Applicants who are qualified by experience will be considered.)
Once up to speed, you will be an integral member of the senior management team, you will add commercial insight and strategic support, lead projects, seek areas of improvement, provide cost saving initiatives, implement robust controls, creating accurate reporting and overall, add value.
You will be a self motivated individual who is capable of taking on a number of responsibilities including running year end. More importantly, you will be a genuine, down to earth person with aspirations to work for a growing company, who will listen to your ideas, who will encourage you to grow and make a difference.
The position comes with a number of benefits including an annual profit share bonus.
The successful new appointment will be responsible for:
- Providing essential financial support and commercial insight to the Managing Director / senior stakeholders
- Producing monthly management accounts, balance sheet, P&L and manage treasury, stock, payroll, VAT
- Supporting senior management with variance analysis and commentary, (sales & margin analysis)
- Produce budgeting and cash forecasting, including managing the budget of new projects
- Leading and coaching the team, sharing ideas and providing training
- Co-ordinate annual audit and liaise with accountants
- Drive process improvements
The ideal applicant, will;
- Be qualified ACA / CIMA / ACCA (candidates qualified by experience will be considered)
- Possess strong communication and organisational skills, capable of partnering with non finance budget holders
- Have experience of dealing with multiple sites /cost centres, with individual sales, stock and cash
- Be hard working, highly ambitious, strong team leader who enjoys a level of responsibility
- Strong MS Excel skills, knowledge of Sage line 50 & Sage payroll
- Have knowledge of the retail industry, F&B, hospitality
* This will be a two stage interview process with face to face meetings on site and a due start date of the end of November, early December.
What's on offer?
This leading service provider is immensely proud of its reputation for providing quality services to its customers, being a family run SME it genuinely cares about the health & well being of its employees and aims to retain and retrain its team by offering career progression and a positive, collaborative, working environment.
Offering a superb re-numeration package including annual bonus scheme, further training, flexible working, pension, 32 days holiday, free parking, 5% pension.
To register your interest: please click APPLY and forward your details