We are supporting an established family business that have become one of the UK’s largest independently owned manufacturers of its kind. With a forward-looking strategic plan in place, they have experienced double numbers with turnover and output over the last seven years. With significant continual investment and innovation, the company has continued their journey of success. They are now looking to appoint a Financial Controller to bring experienced financial expertise and insight across all aspects of the business. The incoming Financial Controller will influence and shape the finance function, managing and developing an established team to ensure the appropriate financial controls are in place.
Critical areas of impact will include:
- Act as a key member of the Senior Management Team, developing excellent working relationships with the CEO and Managing Director, becoming the financial custodian of the business.
- Responsible for all the companies finance and accounting activities including the production of the P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and supporting commentary.
- Deliver accessible management information and high-quality board reports, supported by improved KPI’s to enhance decision making.
- Work with the management team to create a budget and forecasting cycle to support the short-, medium- and longer-term plans.
- Support colleagues cross functionally to drive increased departmental performance.
- Support and influence the Head of Sales in commercial decision making through the improvement of weekly KPI reporting.
- Drive cost saving initiatives which positively impact the bottom line.
- Managing external relationships, in particular banks and auditors, in a professional and credible manner.
- Take a proactive approach to cash flow forecasting and treasury management; optimising credit control and supplier payments and, hence, working capital.
- Manage all statutory reporting requirements including Company Secretarial duties and confidential Director’s salaries.
The successful Financial Controller will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent qualification) as well as a strong track record of success in a senior finance role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. An honest and loyal team player with a ‘roll sleeves up’ attitude comfortable within a family run business. Ability to evaluate problems and provide innovative solutions, ensuring processes run smoothly and efficiently. Be a personable communicator with the gravitas to work cross functionally. Strong manager of people with the ability to delegate where needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key role within an ambitious, successful family business with a warm and engaging culture. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary in a business which will provide longevity and promotional opportunity as the future Finance Director.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly