A very rare opportunity for a part qualified fund accountant to join an international leader in alternative investments.
They are working exclusively with Marks Sattin and only usually hire at the qualified level (which is not often due to the low turnover) so to get an opportunity to work there before qualifying will really set you up well!
In January 2018 they closed their 10th private equity fund, with commitments of €7 billion and is currently raising its 11th private equity fund.
The team is made up the CFO, Head of Fund Control and two senior Fund Controllers and they all sit together in an open plan office. They have a great culture, very inclusive - everyone is involved in all meetings and everyone has a voice no matter how junior you are.
They will be committed to support your studies towards ACCA or CIMA and one of their perks is that they have a chef on site to provide free breakfast and lunch!
Responsibility of Fund Controller:
- Ensure all financial information and reports are reviewed and accurate, advising the external Fund Administrators as required. Key reporting includes:
- Quarterly Fair Value process in accordance with IPEV Valuation Guidelines
- Quarterly NAV and capital account reporting for SMAs
- Annual audited and interim financial statements
- Supporting the Fund Controllers in review and oversight over the quarterly fair valuation process, including:
- Review of fair value models prepared by deal teams
- Ensuring IPEV guidelines are followed
- Preparing the fair valuation pack to be presented to Valuation Committee
- Oversight of the Treasury function
- Monitoring Bank balances and working with the Fund administrator to ensure efficient treasury management
- Produce quarterly reporting for the Executive Committee
- Oversee the Annual treasury policy updates
- Supporting the team in co-ordination and oversight of fund flows and related investor communications, including:
- Investor Call Notices for new investments
- Investor Distribution Notices
- Fund borrowing facilities
- Management of fund flows on completion and exit of investments.
- Management of FX hedging policy
-Supporting the team in deal facilitation across the various offices, including co-ordination of internal and external parties in-order to ensure optimal structuring of investments in accordance with the Fund documents. Liaising with the Deal Team, Lawyers and advisors to ensure investment and exit processes are followed and structuring is optimised for all stakeholders.
Requirements of Fund Controller:
- Have experience of Private Equity Fund structures
- Have experience of IPEV valuation guidelines
- Have experience of liaising with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Used to a control environment providing independent verification
- Very strong communication skills
- Have started an accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Apply for Fund Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly