Assistant Management Accountant
Accountancy Recruit is recruiting on behalf of a world leading FMCG business for an Assistant Management Accountant (UK) to be based in Bury St Edmunds at the UK Head Office. This role will be an integral part of the UK accounts team. Your business goal is to be responsible for the UK processes for month end reporting on Payroll, Stock, the Procure-to-Pay business processes and business partnering the central cost centres for the region. This is an ambitious company, that due to a recent acquisition is experiencing growth and positive change, a commercial environment at the top of their sector.
You will develop internal professional working relationships will the Management Team, peers in the European company sites and the UK Finance Team. This role supports the UK Finance Manager and will provide the opportunity to develop your professional career and to be involved in project work within the UK and also across the wider group.
- Responsible for maintaining the payroll records and employee tax reporting to HMRC
- Submitting and reviewing employee expense claims and employee credit card maintenance
- Assisting in the ownership of the Procure-to-Pay (P2P) business process for the UK, including reviewing and controlling the GRNI, Purchase Order and Accounts Payable three-way matching processes, working closely with the Accounts Assistant to resolve queries and build robust financial controls around these processes
- Be the lead UK finance contact for projects to improve the P2P, employee expenses and payroll processes, including rolling out any best practices across the wider group
- Proactively managing the financial inventory records and liaising with the production teams and IT to ensure inventory is correctly accounted for
- Maintain the administration of the inventory third party funding (Utexam)
- Business Partner to the central cost centres and the HR team for employee costs, including annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting of these business areas.
- Investigating financial discrepancies and reporting to management.
- Ensuring timely monthly accounts closing and reporting to group deadlines.
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations for stock and GRNI, and other ad hoc balance sheet reconciliations as appropriate
- Ad hoc financial analyses; including stock.
- Contributing to the Group's financial process improvement and maintaining controls integrity.
- Maintaining clean financial statements and audits.
- Deputising for the UK Finance Manager as appropriate.
If you can answer yes to the following, then this is a perfect job for you:
- Naturally curious to undertake complex investigations.
- Not afraid to reach out to business colleagues across the UK to develop strong working relationship and collect all necessary financial data.
- Tenacious to ensure the accuracy of data and cleanliness of financial statements and reports.
- Self-assured; to take the lead in new initiatives: self-motivated.
- A genuine interest in the manufacturing process.
- Ambitious to be the best and a willingness to learn.
- Experienced in working as an Assistant Management Accountant in manufacturing or similar role.
You may already be working as an Assistant Management Accountant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Management Accountant or in a similar role. You may be AAT qualified, or a current CIMA or ACCA studier with a desire to qualify, equally you may be qualified by experience.
The successful Applicant
- AAT qualified Part Qualified: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent or qualified by experience.
- Background or genuine interest to work in manufacturing.
- Experience of an ERP system; JD Edwards experience would be an advantage.
- Advanced Excel & PowerPoint
Remuneration & Benefits
- Salary: £30-34,000 pa
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Good pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus
- Life assurance
- Study support if required.
Apply for Assistant Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly