Marks Sattin are currently working with a Construction Logistics company based in Durham to assist in the recruitment of a Finance Manager.
- The position will be head office based.
- The role is to manage all aspects of the finance of the business, reporting directly to the board of directors on a daily basis.
- The role will involve daily liaison with debtors and creditors, bank reconciliation, managing cash flow, and managing the staff in the department to ensure efficient working.
- Assistance in compiling MI including preparation of journals
- Regular communication with factoring company
- Organisation and filing of finance documents
- Maintenance of accurate accounting records for quarterly external audits
- Preparation of VAT returns (awareness of domestic reverse charge is preferable)
- Completing weekly and monthly wages for direct, and indirectly employed.
- PAYE & NIC reconciliation
- CIS - verifying subcontractors, monthly CIS returns, CIS statements etc
- Processing all bank payments
- The above, for international company - similiar processes, on smaller scale in Euro's.
- Be responsible for reporting Directly and working alongside the Commercial Director and eventually reporting at Board Level.
- Experience of either Sage 50, or Xero accounting software.
Future development of the role will include
- Experience of working Internationally
- Knowledge of working alongside a factoring company
- Opportunity to grow with the Starkold mantra.
- Preferably be experienced in a similar role
- Confident communication skills both verbally and written
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- Competent in a specific accounting software (Sage 50 / Xero would be preferable)
- Organised personnel - Starkold have up to 50 different, live projects around the UK and more recently across Europe, for multiple clients at any one time, with each project constantly changing. A great awareness of what our clients, and supply chain require is preferred.
Skills and Knowledge
- A willingness to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate with information.
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
- Ability to analyse and process financial information.
- The ability to manage workloads to ensure performance targets achieved.
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well organised; flexible, committed, enthusiastic and innovative.
- A good understanding and use of IT packages
- To have the desire to go the extra mile for the team when required.
If you feel you are right for this role, please apply now.