Really excited to be recruiting for a business services business in Hull!
They require a management accountant to join their growing team.
Your duties will include, not but limited too:
- Support in the preparation of timely and accurate monthly Management Accounts with analysis and commentary
- Prepare journals, accruals, prepayments, analysis and calculations to support the production of the accounts
- Maintain reconciliations including Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Liaise with the third-party accountants on statutory matters and to seek advice where required
- Support the audit process by collating response data, and actively identifying risk areas and helping find resolutions to them throughout the year
- Conduct reviews of spend in conjunction with budgetary limits
- Take ownership of the review of expenses and corporate card expenditure in line with company and accounting policy
- Review of the ledgers to support the VAT reporting process via the third party accountant
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Assist in making sure inter-company transactions are up to date and reconciled
- Ensure the chart of accounts is kept up to date along with project and department codes
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasting
- Overseeing the transactional side of finance ensuring timely billing, payments and query resolution supporting where required
- Support future projects regarding MI creation and systems improvements
- Take the lead in ensuring Finance Inbox queries are resolved by the team, escalating where necessary to the Finance Manager
- Adhoc system maintenance of codes and ensuring mapping across systems
- Liaising with other teams and externally stakeholders as required
- Keep process SOPs up to date
This role has a salary of up to £35K, full study support and WFH/work in the office hours.
If you would like more details, please get in touch or 0113 2031601