To provide a high level of professional accounting and management support to the business ensuring that all objectives of the finance strategy are achieved and to assist in the delivery, maintenance and control of accounting services for statutory, regulatory and internal management reporting.
- Assist Finance Manager in maintenance, processing and production of:
- Month / Year end close processes
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Journals and associated underlying schedules
- Treasury / Cash Management
- VAT reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Overhead review and cost control
- Statutory and tax reporting
- Credit Card analysis/reconciliation, managing any queries in a proactive way with the relevant stakeholder
- Management of Purchase Ledger with 2 Direct Reports
- Assisting in the preparation of financial commentaries for business reporting.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis and insights to support with business decisions.
- Look at process improvement across the overall finance function supporting with the execution of different project activity.
Skills, knowledge required:
- Financial accounting experience including month end reporting, budgeting & forecasting.
- Strong analytical skills to identify, assess and explain performance variances from budget / forecast.
- Experience of producing year-end accounts and preparation for audit.
- Good IT skills, especially in Microsoft Excel. Intermediate to advance level is expected.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with a commitment to the production of work of a consistently high standard
- Proactive, innovative, flexible, and co-operative approach to working as a team member initiating and building on ideas, prepared to work to deadlines and to see projects through to completion.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to explain information in a clear and understandable way to non-finance professionals and to interpret needs in financial modelling.
- Ability to work in a changing and flexible organisation.
- Ability to challenge whilst maintaining good relationships.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload.
- ACCA/CIMA full membership (part qualified will be considered dependant on experience) or equivalent recognised accountancy professional qualification
This role will be 3 days per week in the office and 2 days working from home.
Get in touch for more details: or 0113 2031601