Junior Accountant- Part Qualified role
Really excited to be partnering a well known brand in their search for a part qualified accountant to join their team.
Key Duties within the role:
- Preparation and execution of transactions.
- Reconciliation of balances.
- Journal preparation and execution.
- Agreement of intercompany positions.
- Preparation and review of monthly reports including the investigation of variances and reporting of these to the Finance Business Partners.
- Reconciliation and confirmation of specific balance sheet accounts.
- Completion of half year and year end additional financial information.
- Preparation of analyses and support for internal and external audit requirements, liaising with the auditors and colleagues across the business as required.
- Responding to a significant number of ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis.
- Ensuring compliance with the Group Policies, including operating of internal controls over financial reporting.
Continuous improvement within the role:
- Apply understanding of assigned accounting processes to identify gaps and propose continuous improvement measures
- Work closely with the process owners, colleagues and managers to understand root causes and represent process procedures, practicalities and exceptions.
- Proactively seeks feedback from fellow team members and other internal and external customers, and uses this to inform future delivery of services.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Part-qualified or wanting to willing to start studying for an accounting qualification.
- At least 1 years of relevant accounting experience. SAP and retail or FMCG industry experience preferred.
- Requires good understanding of IT systems and processes.
- Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
- Good Excel skills with experience of working with large data sets
- Ability to build strong relationships, both with the wider Finance team and throughout the company
- Works well as part of a team and is willing to help others within the team.
- Keenness to develop and learn new skills.
- Can do attitude to work and ability to work to month end deadlines.
- A capability to build the role and adapt to changes in the working environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
This is an opportunity not to be missed.
Get in touch for more details: