Head of Finance
Partner Financial are working with a private equity backed hospitality business with a strong track record of growth and an instantly recognisable brand. Having invested heavily through acquisition and new restaurant openings the group currently owns 150 restaurants, their strategy is to continue investing heavily, with the goal of opening 72 new restaurants in the next 12 months.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, you will be responsible for leading a large team with oversite of all finance activities across the Group. This role is instrumental in driving the business forward, advising on vital commercial decisions alongside the CFO and other members of the Senior Management Team.
- Reviewing and overseeing the implementation of integrated reporting systems for Group
- Redesigning accounting policies, internal controls, and governance frameworks where necessary
- Overseeing the preparation of the management and statutory reporting for the company and supporting the Commercial Finance Team
- Providing regular and up to date Management Information and KPI analysis, and partnering with non-finance functions including sales, marketing, and operations
- Analysing and providing insightful commentary on monthly financial performance and variances to the CFO
- Reviewing the effectiveness of internal controls covering financial and operational compliance matters
- Reporting regularly on risk controls and initiatives to senior finance leaders and the CFO
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with external and internal auditors ensuring a smooth audit process and strong year end delivery
- Leading and assisting in project work as it arises
The Ideal Candidate
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA), trained in a Top 10 firm
- Relevant experience across hospitality, retail, leisure or FMCG
- Experience delivering in a senior Finance role across management reporting, FP&A, budgeting, forecasting and corporate accounting
- Excellent technical and up to date knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS102
- Able to proactively establish and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills who is comfortable challenging existing protocols, and comfortable influencing at all levels of the business
We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about your current situation then please feel free to give us a call to discuss.