Internal Audit Senior
Internal Audit Senior
£45,000 - £55,000
A global business in Warrington are recruiting for a high academic achiever, ACA qualified accountant from big 4 background.
The business is looking for an Internal Audit Senior in a newly created role. As the Internal Audit Senior you will be reporting into a highly experienced Internal Audit Manager and you will be in a highly involved role performing operational and finance audits, assisting the Internal Audit Manager/CFO and Audit Committee in devising and executing the annual audit plan, and provide input into the wider strategy and continual development of the audit function, in addition to automation opportunities across the organisation.
You will be an integral part of the company identifying potential areas for improvement in the controls framework and working closely with the various departments, stakeholders globally streamlining control operation or redesign controls where appropriate.
As Internal Audit Senior you role and responsibilities will include:
- Leading end to end internal audit process according to the Internal Audit annual plan, including scoping, fieldwork, documenting the results and completing work papers in accordance with relevant internal and external standards.
- Supporting the Internal Audit Manager and Audit Committee in the annual planning of internal audit reviews.
- Identifying and assesses risk within the assigned areas to determine the internal audit scope of each engagement.
- Preparing audit programs to be used in current and future audits.
- Contributing to financial policies and procedures compliance.
- Identifying internal control weaknesses through testing, provides recommendations and follows up on action plan implementation with process owners.
- Contributing to preparation and delivery of audit reports for Audit committee review.
- Preparing tracking schedules and summary reports related to the internal audit observations.
- Communicating audit status and observations, with associated recommendations, to all stakeholders.
- Leading small internal or co-sourced audit teams in the execution of internal audit testing
- Assisting with automation projects for key financial processes
To apply for the role you must:
- Be ACA qualified
- Big 4 / Mid tier audit experience
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in Audit, Risk, Finance, Accounting, FP&A or related areas.
- Have detailed understanding of key business processes, internal control frameworks and risk management principles
- Must have experience of SOX & US GAAP
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including interviewing skills and the ability to interact with senior management across countries and cultures.
- Have excellent attention to detail & the ability to prioritise, multitask and commitment to meet reporting deadlines.
- Excellent analytics, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
Flexible home working is available
Please call Rebecca on 07889 300045 or click on the link to apply.