Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
6 months FTC
£50,000 + benefits
In this highly commercial and dynamic role, you will work closely with the business divisions as their finance business partner. Your principal responsibilities will include providing business insight on existing partnerships, and supporting with the financial analysis of opportunities, heavily contributing to the strategic decision-making of your key stakeholders and the ultimate success of a priority growth area of the business.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Supporting with the financial appraisal of new opportunities
- Assessing the attractiveness of opportunities from both a profitability and return on capital perspective
- Liaising with colleagues in the wider business to determine how opportunities could/would be delivered operationally and estimating the associated costs
- Providing insight on the performance of existing partnerships
- Driving decision-making using insight gathered from the analysis of financial information associated with existing partners
- Reporting business performance whilst we work towards automation
- You will be responsible for reporting performance by partner on a weekly basis
- Maintenance and improvement of reporting - you will be responsible for developing our existing reporting capabilities, handling specific requests from key stakeholders, whilst also having the support to identify and action improvements.
Skills and experience
- Qualified accountant who is commercially minded and has a desire to add value and play a fundamental part in strategic decision making
- Commercial background gained through a commercial role in industry, or an advisory role in a large professional services organisation
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the financial and non-financial drivers of the business and their implications
- Proven and demonstrable ability to build productive business relationships with a wide network of finance and non-finance colleagues, and manage workload according to priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication styles and confidence to influence a variety of senior stakeholders
- Desire to bring insight and challenge to the business through the use of data to improve revenue and profitability
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills, and a desire to proactively adopt and use business insight platforms such as Power BI. Knowledge of Power Query is preferable.
- Passionate about being part of a culture where continuous improvement is delivered
- Proactive and takes pride in output / robustness of financial analysis
- The tenacity to work through details and deliver rigorous and meaningful insight.
Apply for Finance Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly