£180 - £250 a day
4 month FTC
I am recruiting for an experienced Senior Accountant for a 4 month FTC to assist in managing the audit and month end processes for an established organisation within the Fintech industry. You will need experience in managing or closely supporting local audits and must have worked for an organisation that has multiple entities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management and ownership of general ledger and production of monthly balance sheet analysis and reconciliations
- Month end reporting to strict HQ deadlines
- Ensure financial & statutory compliance is maintained in EMEA eg Global & Local Audits.
- Play a key role in continuing to build and streamline the company's processes in EMEA as they continue the transformation of our EMEA finance department to ensure we have fit for purpose, agile and scaleable processes and structure.
- Build a strong working relationship with the company's HQ finance team to ensure that global initiatives and best practice are rolled out successfully to EMEA subsidiaries, including the implementation and abiding by SOX controls.
- Be the 'go to' person for any financial reporting requests from HQ for owned balance sheet accounts.
- Close collaboration with Pan-EMEA Controllers, to ensure EMEA wide knowledge & cover amongst Controllers
- Committed to high standards of compliance, deadlines and results.
- Self-starter, prepared to take ownership and responsibility for their role.
- Must have experience of managing a group with multiple entities, currencies, locations and languages.
- Must be willing to work in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
- Ability to use initiative to design, implement & improve processes.
- Ability to cope with rapid expansion and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Confidence in communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Must be open to a flexible working approach to ensure maximum efficiency in collaboration across time zones
Qualifications & Education:
- Candidates must have University Degree in Business, Finance or equivalent
- Part Qualified accountant or Finalist (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Proven financial accounting experience including having played a central role in a financial reporting environment working under both US GAAP and IFRS in the software industry.
- Must be fluent in written & spoken English, additional language skills would be an advantage
- Must have experience of ERP and other core systems.
- Significant attention to detail.