SF Group are currently recruiting for a Credit Controller to join a fantastic business in Sutton In Ashfield on a permanent full time basis. My client offers free onsite parking, a 35 hour working week, health scheme, great pension and friendly and welcoming team who offer great training and support. This role offers working from home Monday to Friday with lots of flexibility.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Proactively chase by phone and e-mail all assigned customer accounts and take appropriate action to ensure payment is received. Escalate any potential issues to Team leader and assist in resolving.
- Identify and escalate potential bad debt issues to the Team leader and provide details of accounts for inclusion in bad debt provision.
- Aim to ensure customer account queries and problems are responded to or escalated in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment and customer satisfaction.
- Guide customers to online portal but provide copy invoices and statements as necessary.
- Ensure complete and accurate notes are taken following all customer contact and account actions, this includes the application of query markers when appropriate.
- Generation, distribution and checking of dunning letters
- Monitor credit hold list and authorise order release upon assessment of individual situations.
- Ensure month end deadlines are met including assisting with the allocation of cash when required.
- Achievement of both team and individual cash targets.
- To comply with the departments processes and procedures.
- Taking credit card payments and allocating to customers' accounts
- Liaise with sales team as appropriate to resolve any barriers to payment.
- Provide cover for absent colleagues as part of 'buddy system' when necessary.
- Previous experience in a credit control position with a proven track record of successful debt reduction.
- Experience of using a computerised credit control finance system.
- Excel knowledge- minimum intermediate level must be able to create and manipulate spreadsheets
- Must be a confident and clear communicator both verbally and written with the ability to explain financial information in plain English to someone of a non-financial background.
- Individual must be a proactive problem solver
My client is looking for confident individuals who have a wealth of experience in credit control and sales ledger and can come in and hit the ground running. My client needs someone who has a excellent telephone manner as a large part of the role will be contacting customers and clients, you will need to have good communication skills and be able to work well in a team and independently.
If you feel you have the relevant skillset please apply for immediate consideration.