Group Financial Controller
Succession are currently retained by one of the North West’s leading brands to recruit a high performing Group Financial Controller. The Group Financial Controller will assist the Chief Financial Officer in providing financial leadership, as well as continuing to develop the team towards ever improving performance. Reporting directly to the CFO, the Group Financial Controller will take lead responsibility for financial and management reporting, statutory accounts, board reporting, as well as ensuring the Group continues to develop and maintain its strong financial control environment. This individual will be the technical accounting lead for all Group accounting, as well as playing a key role in Group’s external reporting and investor relations activities.
Full responsibility and oversight for financial reporting, management accounts, tax, treasury, and audit requirements across the group, as well as leading the month end and year end close process.
- Own and develop the financial systems and processes for the Group, ensuring an effective and well-documented control environment across finance.
- Anticipating and communicating the impact of new standards and accounting requirements, and leading the implementation as the technical expert within the Group.
- Mentor and continually develop a high performing team.
- Responsible for the Annual Plan and regular forecast process for Balance Sheet and Cashflow statement.
- Be comfortable presenting at both Board meetings and Audit Committee meetings.
- Lead on the day-to-day audit relationship and manage the group audit process.
- Lead on tax analysis, reporting and compliance, working with the external tax advisers.
- Treasury and working capital management.
- Able to interact with investment bank analysts and investors, forming part of the investor relations team, holding ad hoc meeting requests and attending conferences.
- Likely project work involving acquisitions, which would include planning for and managing the integration process
A high calibre individual, with the capability to lead, develop and drive a high performing team, as well as the ability to develop into more senior roles within the Group.
- IFRS/UK GAAP literate, with a strong technical background, PLC experience would be beneficial.
- A strong controls mindset, US SOX compliance experience would be beneficial.
- Strong communication skills and gravitas, confident presenting to senior internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative approach, able to develop effective working relationships outside of finance and work in cross functional teams
- Exposure to digital will be helpful, at the very least an individual that can operate at pace, in a flat structure, and in diverse teams
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Top 4 trained Group Financial Controller to join a progressive, market leading business that has an enviable position within their market place. Future progression into a Deputy CFO role should be achieved within a reasonable timeframe.
Apply for Group Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly