Head of Finance
Partner Financial are working with a high growth PE backed technology business to identify a Head of Finance. The Group is ideally positioned to continue to expand by acquisition as a result of the substantial investments made into the technology of the product and services that the business provides.
This role is required to provide comprehensive financial and management reporting across areas such as monthly reporting, budgeting, forecasting, performance management and business case preparation. The successful candidate must be an ambitious, analytical and highly commercial individual, who has the gravitas to lead and influence the business.
- Leading the production of the monthly reporting pack for the Divisional and Group Executive Teams
- Supporting the CFO to ensure that the actual financial and operational results of the business unit are provided on an accurate and timely basis together with a concise, action orientated, business focused commentary
- Acting as a business partner to all areas of the business and providing financial and commercial support
- Leading the budget process for the business unit and taking a lead role in ensuring that the business unit has in place a high-quality budget that reflects all relevant material issues and business plans
- Supporting the CFO to proactively and reactively provide ad hoc financial and operational analysis
- Working with Group finance to ensure that the Group accounting, transaction processing and billing capabilities are appropriate for the needs of the business unit
- Proactively involved in preparation of business cases ensuring that a concise high quality business case is prepared in support of all major business decisions
- Developing and mentoring a best-in-class finance team
The Ideal Candidate:
- Professional accounting qualification or equivalent
- Progressive experience in accounting, business partnering, financial reporting and analysis within a large international organisation
- Superior analytical skills coupled with good strategic business understanding leading to key business insight
- Ability to draw high quality analysis out of the results that drive decisions
- Strong people skills, confident and comfortable at engaging collaboratively in an intellectual and multinational environment at all levels
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with passion for excellence and innovation
- Have a good appreciation of core best practice financial accounting standards, policies, processes and systems.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Will Sharples. I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion. If you would like to have a confidential discussion about your current situation then please feel free to give us a call to discuss.