An Accountant position with one of the UK's leading investment management companies, who have just over 500 employees and £60 billion worth of assets under management.
It's a great time to join as they have recently acquired one of their competitors!
They are looking for someone who is keen to develop as they do not expect someone to stay in this role forever and they are open to movement between internal teams.
The ideal candidate would part qualified and they will provide study support towards an accounting qualification.
However they would still also be open to a more experience candidate who does not wish to study.
Their London office was designed to encourage employees to live active, healthy lives with floor-to-ceiling windows that allow for greater natural light and the benefit of a private balcony, table tennis room, cycle storage and on-site shower and locker facilities.
Responsibilities of Accountant:
- Production of year end statutory accounts
- Intercompany & P&L Reconciliations
- Working with Finance management team to support delivery of accurate financial information to the business
- Balance sheet and P&L review and production of account reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliations and resolution of outstanding items
- Working closely with the Business to understand accrual requirements
- Recharging sundry debtors
- Accounting for fixed assets and projects
- Corporate cash management and daily reporting
- Analytical review of costs to support management accounts.
- Lease accounting entries following applicable local accounting standards
Requirement of Accountant:
- Part qualified or qualified by experience
- Must be confident and willing to work with other departments in the business
- Experience of a Financial Services organisation and core ledger accounting roles would be an advantage