Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner
Salary: £50,557 - £55,148 pa
Full Time, Fixed Term contract until 31 July 2022 (Mat Cover)
Are you a qualified finance professional with a desire to develop your career in accounting?
About the role
This role is offered on a fixed term contract until 31 July 2022 (Mat Cover)
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join the Finance team: responsible for supporting operations and central services managers in understanding and interpreting their financial results. As a Housing Association and a homelessness charity their clients and their access to safe and effective services is at the heart of what they do. Ensuring their operations managers have the information at hand to make informed financial business decisions is core to this Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and interpretation of monthly management accounts.
- Completing our clients budget setting, forecast and management accounting activities.
- Providing finance support to Operations and Central management by providing timely and accurate reports, meaningful commentary and advice.
- Supporting the new business team on contract bidding by working with operational leads to develop service costs.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the finance team’s procedures and processes.
- Line management of an Assistant Finance Business Partner.
If you have the passion to work for a charity that makes a real difference to the lives of homeless people you will succeed in this role if you are:
- CCAB qualifications and the understanding of management accountancy within a provider of low margin services to public sector bodies.
- Have strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills and the ability to build positive working relationships across the organisation as part of a busy team environment.
- Happy working under pressure and to tight deadlines, with the ability to perform day to day management and/or supervision of staff.
What they offer
- A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
Equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how they work. They are proud of their commitment to diversity and inclusion and have 8 great Diversity Networks to support clients and staff from different backgrounds so they are able to be their best selves.
- Flexible Working and Pension
They are committed to maintaining your work/life balance. They offer 25 days annual leave, and operate a very popular Flexi Time scheme, which allows you to supplement your annual leave entitlement. After 5 years, staff annual leave entitlement increases to 28 days. Our client contributes 4% of your gross annual salary, and you are able to enrol in the Defined Contribution scheme following a successful probationary period in which the employer contribution is 6%.
- Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
They hold Investors in People Gold accreditation – one of just 3% of Housing Associations to achieve this. 82% of staff who took part in the survey say our client is a great place to work. They are committed to developing all of their staff via routes such as secondments, transfers and promotion. In 2019 35% of their vacancies were filled by internal promotions.
What they do
Our clients vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, their clients are at the heart of what they do, and in 2019 – 2020 they supported 32,800 people across all of their services. Their staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
Click the ‘Apply Now’ Button at the top of the page to submit your CV and respond to the person specification.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab at the top of the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 20 September 2021
Interview and assessments on: 29-30 September 2021
Please be advised that all appointments will be made on our clients current standard Terms and Conditions (T&Cs); this also applies to any internal candidates.