A new and exciting position has arisen for a fabulous start-up in the Arts and Entertainment arena. Reporting to the States, this is a stand alone role in the UK which initially will be remote working but at the start of a journey that will you will grow, aid and develop with as things progress.
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Accounting (HFA) , the Accountant will take on a major role in the day to day accounting and finance operations. Working closely with the HFA and the larger team, the Senior Accountant will utilize hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of GAAP to lead and assist on all things accounting & finance across the organization.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Accounts Receivable / Accounts Payable
- Supplier management
- Cyclical Accounting Close: Month-end, Quarter-end, Year-end close
- G/L Maintenance and analysis
- Cost control & expense system management
- Records organization and management
- Regulatory compliance
- VAT, EC sales tax & related and corporation tax
- Monthly payroll control (payroll provider engaged)
General Functional Responsibilities
- Support HFA with accounting closes including month-end soft and hard quarter-end in addition to quarterly forecasts. Responsibilities include account reconciliations, balance sheet schedules, accrual management, variance analysis, and all other steps in the financial statement preparation process.
- Ownership of day-to-day AR/AP operations including all related administration and issuance of timely collections/payments, while liaising with New York teams, and proactively maintaining supplier relationships with all third parties.
- Maintain G/L, subledger, and related records ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all financial information, ensuring allfinancial schedules are meticulously maintained and reconciled, including but not limited to bank account, credit card, payroll, deferred expense, prepaid, accrued expense, fixed assets, inventory, and intercompany transactions.
- Partner with HFA, and external accounting firm, to ensure all financials and supporting documentation for all entities are presented accurately & timely for all regulatory filings including but not limited to annual statutory, and local corporation taxes, quarterly filings, 1099, and other cyclical filings.
- Manage Expensify/Concur Expense management system, company credit cards, requisition systems, and administer and issue reimbursements
- In partnership with HFA and the team, ensure budget & forecast adherence, and proactively propose solutions for ensure efficiency of spend and cost-effective solutions
- Ensure proper maintenance and organization all finance & accounting related files including but not limited to vendor invoices, sales invoices, insurance, tax, and all other legal documents & contracts for all entities
- Partner with HFA to automate finance and accounting workflow and processes
- Assist with various tasks and special projects requested by the HFA as they arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or similar Accounting Qualification (Finalists my be considered)
- 4-5 years of technical experience
- Strong technical accounting skills (knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS) and proficiency with researching accounting literature.
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting packages and large ERP systems, e.g., Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Dynamics 365, or similar preferred
- Exceptional Excel and modeling skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United Kingdom
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to hear more about it, please hit apply!
TwentyFour Recruitment is an equal opportunity employer. If your skillset and experience match the above ad then please apply today and if your CV is shortlisted a consultant will contact you to discuss the next stage of the recruitment process
Apply for Company Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly