Financial Accountant - Real Estate
Financial Accountant - OUR CLIENT has instructed us on a brand new hire - They have a proven track record of delivery within the real estate sector and focus on commercial real estate largely in the capital. They consistently source performing investment opportunities. As a result of continued growth and investment, they are currently seeking a high calibre Financial Accountant to join their notable Accounts Team.
THE ROLE: As a Financial Accountant, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Preparing numerous sections of the quarterly consolidated management accounts. E., Fixed assets, property expenditure, other creditors, other income and accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting in the preparation of pieces of the Interim Report and the Annual Report and Accounts, including proof reading, preparing disclosures, maintaining the reports consistency and liaising with auditors.
- Reviewing reports prepared by different divisions of the business, including liaising with other divisions' finance teams over key transactions, various reconciliations and uploading the TB.
- Assisting in the preparation of the financial statements of the company's subsidiaries.
- Preparing the property department's management accounts including a balance sheet and income statement. In addition, ad-hoc reporting when needed.
- Preparing quarterly and half yearly bank covenant reporting.
- Posting all intercompany level transactions with associated consolidation entries.
- Setting up and maintaining the accounting codes within Microsoft Dynamics GP, including setting up new companies and updating report designer.
- Preparing VAT Return.
- Enhance the management reporting to the rest of the business so that reports are relevant and comprehensible to decision makers.
- Providing assistance on day-today finance matters and transactional work as and when needed by the Group Reporting Manager or Financial Controller.
THE PERSON: To apply, you MUST be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA) with 1 - 2 years of post-qualified experience gained within the real estate sector or via audit exposure at a top 12 accountancy firms. Experience within a property sector finance team is highly desirable. You will have excellent communication, organisation and influencing skills. You will have good time management and have the ability to take responsibility for tasks and finish them to a high standard. Experience producing management and financial accounts to a deadline is preferred. Solid experience of Excel is a must as is experience with accounting package is also desirable. This role will provide an exciting opportunity for hardworking individuals to work in a collaborative and notable finance team.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook.