Specialist engineering firm in Leicester seeking a Finance Director to drive strategic growth and performance.
Hays Senior Finance are working exclusively with a specialist engineering business who are keen to appoint a Finance Director to take full ownership of the companies' finances and drive their future growth. The new appointment will be part of the senior leadership team, supporting the Managing Director and Executive board in defining and driving strategy through the provision of value-add commercial and financial analysis.
The key duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Overseeing a small finance team in the management of the finance function
- Preparation of financial, statutory and management accounts
- Development, implementation and management of a financial control framework
- Manage all regulatory returns including managing relationships with external auditors
- Debt Leverage, interest cover and other financial covenant compliance if required by the group.
- Preparation and submission of monthly board pack including cashflow forecasts, budgets, variance analysis
- Advise and guide Executive board on financial performance and profitability
- Assist in the develop of the annual strategic plan in line with board expectations including debt management, interest costs and long-term project finance.
- Set, measure and report on key financial metrics including Gross Sales margins; net operating margins; cost targets and controls.
- Reporting of net profitability by operating division
- Preparation of financial analysis on new potential projects, including investment required, financing costs associated, financial impact on balance sheet metrics and IRR calculations to allow the business to assess capital allocation decision making for Board
- Cashflow control oversight and debtor management and oversee preparation of monthly Credit Committee, including escalation of risk situations
External Relationship Management
- Oversee and develop strong working relationship with Banking partners to maintain and communicate organisation's short, medium and long-term planning to ensure continued funding.
- Facilitate introductions for key Executives with banking partners as and when required
- Identify and secure new banking partners to mitigate risk
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a qualified (preferably CIMA) finance leader with significant post-qualification experience gained ideally within the rail/engineering/manufacturing industries. You will have a demonstrable track record of providing financial and commercial management to support strategic growth and development as well as possessing the strong technical and controls experience required to successfully control the finances of a successful SME. The successful candidate will be offered a salary commensurate with experience, including associated benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly