Treasury Risk Manager
Treasury Risk Manager - Retail Company - Milton Keynes / Euston - Circa £65k-£72k + 20% bonus
Robert Walters are hiring for a Treasury Risk Manager for a leading blue-chip retail company.
This is a permanent, full-time role based either in Milton Keynes or London with circa 2-3 days per week working from home.
Reporting into the Head of Treasury, the Treasury Risk Manager is responsible for managing the group's exposure to financial markets risks.
The Treasury Risk Manager plays an important role in developing a deep understanding of the commercial operations of the Group, identifying financial markets risks exposures and influencing the development of policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Implementation of the Group's risk strategy in line with the Retail Treasury Policy, including hedging £2bn of foreign currency exposure per annum, managing interest rate risk across all borrowing facilities, inflation hedging and counterparty credit risk management
- Chairing and co-ordinating the periodic FX governance meeting across the food and non-food commercial teams, providing challenge where actual currency cashflow requirements materially vary from forecast
- Performing an active role on the Energy Price Risk Committee
- Keeping abreast with financial market developments/conditions and providing timely recommendations on how best to utilise Retail Treasury Policy flexibility to manage the impact of financial markets volatility and add value
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with the Group's banking partners, engaging on a regular basis to maintain a good understanding of the financial markets
- Developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of the suite of financial instruments that could be used to implement the Group's risk strategy, including but not limited to spot, forward and swap contracts, zero cost collars, FX orders and interest and inflation swaps. Exploration of the use of alternative financial instruments working closely with the Treasury Accounting Manager
- Developing an appreciation of how financial instruments are valued and working closely with the Treasury Accounting Manager to keep abreast on the impact of the implementation of the risk management strategy on the Group's statutory accounts
- Evaluating the Retail Treasury Policy on a bi-annual basis, including peer analysis, recommending any enhancements to the Retail Treasurer
- Regular attendance at the Treasury Committee to present risk strategy updates and recommendations of any variance to policy
- Reporting on adherence to the Group's risk strategy to the Audit Committee
- Reporting on adherence to the Group's risk strategy and value at risk at the monthly markets meeting
- Treasury lead for the indirect foreign currency project, delivering cost of goods reductions to the business through engaging with the buying teams on supply contracts with overseas suppliers
- Providing training on foreign currency exposure management to the Group's buying and commercial finance teams
- Reporting on adherence to the Group's risk strategy as part of the periodic Treasury Report, to be submitted to the Treasury Committee on a quarterly basis
- Production of the Financial Risk Management notes in the Group's statutory accounts
- Acting as back-up for the cash management/dealing activities
The client is looking for someone with prior treasury experience gained in a sizeable business, and someone with strong knowledge of financial markets; Possession of a professional accounting or treasury qualification would be a bonus.
The role comes with a salary of circa £65k-£72k + 20% bonus and great benefits package.
Apply now to find out more!