VAT Manager - Financial Services Business - City of London (with home-working) - Circa £65k-£72k plus 20% bonus
Robert Walters are hiring for a VAT Manager for a leading financial services business based in the City of London, but supporting 2 or 3 days per week working from home.
Reporting into the Head of Tax, the VAT Manager is reponsible for the VAT and indirect tax affairs of this business in the UK.
This is a varied role encompassing a mix of compliance, reporting, advisory, business partnering and project work.
- Ensuring timely and accurate VAT compliance and payment of VAT liability on behalf of Group's businesses and clients
- Providing VAT advice to business units, assisting with project work and dealing with any ad hoc issues
- Being proactive in ensuring awareness of any VAT changes that affect the business
- Managing the Group's outsourced VAT compliance obligations (e. Ireland, Denmark, Spain, Germany)
- Collaborating with Finance and business colleagues internally and with external tax advisers and tax authorities
- Monitoring VAT compliance of Real Estate portfolio and assisting Real Estate accountants with any VAT queries
- Managing the reporting for VAT provisions in consolidated and individual statutory accounts
- Ensuring all permanent VAT information is kept up to date. This includes maintenance of Real Estate options to tax database, notifying HMRC of name changes, dealing with inclusion and removal of companies from VAT group, dealing with VAT registrations and de-registrations
- Periodic review of VAT recovery methods for the VAT group; making sure the methods reflect business practice
- Monitoring and ensuring that the regulations and VAT legislation are adhered to, carry out periodic reviews and updates of VAT processes and procedure manuals/ VAT process notes for the relevant teams (Real Estate Finance and Finance teams
- Supporting business needs: assistance with Real Estate deals, liaison with lawyers and provision of relevant tax documents and information, review of VAT and tax clauses of disposal and acquisition agreements, distribution agreements etc
The client is looking for someone with strong UK VAT / Indirect Tax experience; Experience in financial services is a plus, but is not mandatory.
The role comes with a salary of circa £65k-£75k + 20% bonus and benefits package.
Apply now to find out more