Senior Finance Analyst
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, this role is responsible for the design and maintenance of the internal reporting timelines, consolidation system and reporting outputs of the business.
Large manufacturing business based in the Midlands.
- Design and maintenance of the financial consolidation software Cognos and reporting documents also utilising Cognos TM1.
- The setting and co-ordination of reporting timetables to meet reporting requirements
- Training and supporting sites to achieve and improve data accuracy integrity
- Drive activities and projects to support the Division in achievement of its strategic and financial objectives
- Build strong relationships and be a Key Business Partner to Business Units and functional executive
- Lead the continuous improvements to the Division's internal reporting of its financial consolidation software Cognos and complimentary systems
- Provide fast and reliable Ad-hoc analysis to the changing business needs
- To assist in the wider FP&A responsibilities and deputise in place of the FP&A Manager.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA with a strong understanding and working knowledge of financial accounting standards (UK GAAP/ IFRS)
- Experience at a multi-site group with consolidations
- Financial modelling and scenario analysis skills
- A good understanding of financial systems, processes, risks and controls
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to work pro-actively, using their own initiative, prioritising tasks as required
- Ability to build relationships and engage across the Division and act as a trusted business partner
- A working knowledge of the principles and application of corporate governance
- Experience of working within a results driven environment with skills in managing both core process and bringing a creative and innovative approach
- Experience of designing and creating information dashboards
- Evidence of delivering significant change projects successfully
- Knowledge of data analytics and process improvement methodologies
- Experience of IBM Cognos Controller / TM1 consolidation software preferred not essential
- Good understanding of risk and ability to identify potential risk and opportunity to ensure management are well informed to assist decision making affecting the department or company.
- Ability to leverage digital and data-based tools to drive business improvement
- Excellent attention to detail with a high accuracy level and ability to meet fixed deadlines and achieve results.
Excellent package and benefits with real future progression opportunities across the business.