£70,000 to £75,000 + benefits + bonus
RattrayParkin are currently supporting the recruitment requirements of well positioned and ambitious private equity backed service provider (circa £50m turnover) which is seeking to recruit a high calibre Financial Controller. This is a newly created position and in which the successful applicant will become a key member of the senior management team and a significant contributor towards the successful delivery of the business strategy.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious senior finance professional to gain valuable exposure and experience within a fast-moving and dynamic business, working closely with a highly capable and impressive executive team, which will form an excellent platform for an individual with aspirations towards a future Finance Director/CFO position.
- Support the CFO by being accountable for the provision of world-class financial accounting, reporting, control and compliance processes.
- Provide leadership to, and oversee the day-to-day management of, the Group’s Finance Function.
- Responsible for the management and production of all financial information, primarily Group Management Accounts, comprising consolidated Profit & Loss Accounts, Cash Flow Statements and Balance Sheets.
- Assist the CFO in preparation of covenant compliance certificates and forecasts.
- Working closely with Financial Planning & Analysis resource to prepare annual budgets and monthly/quarterly forecast updates.
- KPI’s and dashboard data.
- Other financial analyses and metrics, as required, to improve financial visibility both within the operations and at Group level.
- Lead the annual external audit process with the Group’s auditors, for the production of Statutory Accounts for all Group companies.
- Liaising with the Group’s Tax advisors to assist in preparation and submission of returns to HMRC.
- Implement and maintain appropriate levels of financial internal control which safeguard the Group’s assets and enable the business to work effectively and efficiently, including leveraging digital platforms to increase functionality and efficiency.
- Interface with Auditors and other external agencies
- Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, including HMRC and Company Secretarial.
- Assist the CFO in communications with lending banks and the majority investor/shareholder, including Board papers, acquisition/development assessments and other investigations as required.
- Help the Group to beat its financial budget through supporting the senior management team and driving overhead cost control.
- Increase presence of Finance within the Group – push out into business areas – become a true partner.
- Actively promote financial literacy throughout the organisation, ensuring that budget holders have the skills and information they need to carry out their roles; provide advice, interpretation and support to line management on financial matters.
- Support our continued investment in people and systems as the business grows: team management, motivation and appraisal.
- Travel to the Group’s various sites within the UK will be a key requirement for this role. Requests could be made at short notice.
- Any other tasks/duties as assigned by the CFO or CEO
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent willing to ‘roll up sleeves’ and get involved with the detail.
- Commercial financial experience within a multi-site business of a similar size and complexity, ideally within a social care environment.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to frequently work closely with operating staff, ideally with solid demonstrable experience of doing so.
- Demonstrable record of delivering improvement and change in adverse conditions.
- Evidence of drive, self-motivation, decisiveness, and a high level of rigour in intelligent thinking.
- Track record of value-added delivery in career to date.
- Persuasive team player and manager of staff with widely varying skill levels.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise.
- Ability to represent the Group with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly