The Finance Specialist will operate within the Group Finance organisation and will focus on finance / accounting support for multiple manufacturing sites globally. This role requires properly accounting for the purchase, leasing, and disposal of capital equipment for the Organisation, centrally, in accordance with U. GAAP, statutory and Tax requirements.
Our client has long been a well known successful name, but remains hungry to progress and innovate, which has involved multiple acquisitions to grow their name and expand their market.
- Work closely with finance professionals across the organisation to support proper accounting treatment of capital equipment leased to the local facility, including initially valuing the assets, monthly lease accounting and journal entries, and proper sale or disposal of the assets and lease termination.
- Lead and manage the financial aspects of large capital projects (>$25K) and related accounting activities centrally for the Organisation to gain operational and cost efficiency's.
- Ensure all finance and accounting activities are in compliance with U. GAAP, local statutory accounting regulations, tax requirements and local law
- Own and maintain the overall capital spend monthly Forecast and annual Plan for the Aerospace Group.
- Support the annual profit plan process with the plants, including partnering with the engineering and operations teams to ensure necessary future capital is properly captured within each site's plan
- Work closely with several corporate functions including tax, treasury, trade compliance and corporate accounting to ensure all internal and external requirements are met and all actions are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage a ledger and ensure all necessary activities are properly completed, including monthly reconciliations, journal entries, forecasting, variance analysis and reporting. Provide commentary when appropriate to the Group explaining financial fluctuations and activity.
- Provide documentation and evidence upon request to support any internal or external audit activities.
- Develop and maintain strong financial processes, including a strong internal control environment for the operation. Drive continuous improvement to ensure increased accuracy and efficiency from a finance perspective.
- Perform analysis and reporting of manufacturing performance for monthly actuals, rolling forecasts and annual Profit Plans.
- Own and maintain the Excel based operational Balanced Scorecard for the Group.
- At least 5 - 7 years previous experience in Accounting or Finance at a manufacturing or leasing operation.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Process oriented and an ability to identify and drive continuous improvement results
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to effectively influence and impact across work groups and at all levels in the organization
An opportunity to join a growing business with vast progression opportunities, alongside and excellent package.