Packaging Manufacturer - Equipment and Consumables
£35,000 - £45,000 pa + Benefits
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead the finance function of an SME business, ensuring that they day to day finance procedures are operating as efficiently as possible and that the monthly management accounts are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. You will help standardise processes and procedures, setting the company up for scalability and work on margin protection and improvement strategies. Key responsibilities includes:
- Ownership and completion of monthly management accounts pack to include Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and detailed analysis with full reconciliations;
- Providing Divisional Sales and Margin analysis, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Day to day cash flow management; developing and maintaining the costing information; providing Divisional Sales and Margin analysis, dashboard reporting and KPI reporting;
- Producing annual financial information for external accountants and being the point of contact with the tax authorities for VAT and Intrastat returns;
- Actively involved in ERP system;
- Supervising and actively supporting a small finance department, whose duties include Processing sales and purchase invoices, including foreign currency invoices, Performing weekly and monthly bank reconciliations, including foreign currency bank reconciliations.
As a qualified accountant (ACMA or ACCA), you will be a commercially driven Financial Controller/ Manager, who can challenge the norm and ensure high quality financial controls are in place and standardise procedures across the business. Ideally you will be working within the manufacturing sector and have cash management experience in a multi-currency export business. Experience of managing a small finance team would be advantageous.
Our client is a British designer, manufacturer and supplier of bespoke packaging and machinery to a wide range of industries. Keen to enhance their financial processes and controls and make their business scalable, they wish to appoint a high calibre, forward thinking Financial Controller to lead them through a period of tremendous change, opportunity and growth.
How to Apply
This is a real opportunity for an ambitious self-starter looking for a sound platform on which to build their career within this exciting and progressive business. If you would like to know more, please apply attaching a fully detailed CV in word format and quote reference no 372559 together with your current remuneration details.