Accountancy Recruit is partnering with an Accountancy Practice based in Woodbridge in the recruitment of a Senior Accountant to join an established team. This is a customer focused professional accounting practice, that provides accounting services tailored to meet individual business needs including bookkeeping, payroll, a full year end accounting service, tax and HMRC advice and solutions that allow company owners to focus on growing their businesses. The role is new and due to increased workload and growth within the client base.
So, if you are currently working within a practice at a Semi Senior or Accountant level and looking for the next step in your career this practice is able to offer strong professional development, with plans to open two new offices and an expanding client base there will be plenty of opportunity.
Duties will include:
- Developing strong professional working relationships with clients through detailed understanding of each business to prepare accounts.
- Preparation of year-end accounts and statutory requirements.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Profit & loss accounts.
- Preparation of tax computations and returns (personal and corporate).
- Advising on client queries on tax, VAT and funding matters.
- Review VAT returns, ensuring the appropriateness of available VAT schemes.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts and other ad-hoc reports for clients where required.
- Involvement in specific client projects including fundraising and acquisitions.
Skills & Qualifications
- You will need to be skilled in account preparation.
- Good IT skills including spreadsheets.
- Good client/customer service skills.
- Good organisation and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Salary: £35-45,000 full time or part time pro rata pa.
- Holiday: 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Full time or Part Time ( 3 days plus per week). Full time hours: 37 per week (9-5, ½ hour for lunch).
- Pension (3%)
Apply for Senior Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly