Site Accountant - Stockton
As the Site Accountant, working for this National business you will support the delivery of company-wide transactions and processes within the Finance function at the Stockton site.
Our client is the fourth largest business of it's kind across the UK, headquartered in the Yorkshire Region, they are looking for an experienced Site Accountant to work from one of their sites in Stockton.
Reporting into the Regional Finance Manager, you will support the delivery of company-wide transactions and processes within the Finance function at the logistics for the Stockton site to support the strategic objectives and maintaining financial control. To ensure accurate finances to support business decision making, ensuring that your thinking is customer first in all aspects of your role, improving processes and outputs through simplifying tasks.
- Identify and highlight financial risks and opportunities for departments so that managers across the business can respond to them on a timely basis.
- Participate in projects based on providing expertise and support for improving business processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including stores, to understand and meet their needs.
- Consult with managers across the business to understand requirements and identify opportunities to speed up and simplify.
- Provide variance analysis and trending techniques to measure performance against budget, forecasts and business cases.
- Support a continuous improvement culture focusing on service and costs. Generate your own ideas for improvement and drive through to delivery.
- Produce periodic forecasts to enable managers across the business to understand current trends.
The ideal candidate will hold a professional Accountancy Qualification (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) along with sound knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing & management systems.
You will have the ability to deliver in a complex, fast paced environment and will be an excellent, analytical thinker.
Excellent basic + benefits + working hours condensed over 4 days + the option to work from home.