Corporate Officer/Internal Controller
SF Recruitment are currently working with a fantastic manufacturing business based in Birmingham. They are currently looking to on board a Corporate Officer/Internal Controller, responsible for 2 group entities working largely autonomously reporting into group. This is an integral position, reporting into the Financial Controller and working closely with the wider finance team. The ideal candidate will be a qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a practice background.
- Prepare draft Statutory Accounts for 2 UK companies and carry through to completion with auditors.
- Prepare Statutory accounts for 7 dormant companies.
- Perform Tax Analysis work for 2 UK companies and 1 Irish branch to enable preparation of Corporation Tax Returns.
- Calculate quarterly Corporation Tax payments for 2 companies.
- Complete Confirmation Statements (Annual Returns) for 9 companies.
- Prepare forms P11d for c. 200 employees and maintain P11d records throughout the year.
- Operate a small payroll for 2 ex-pat employees.
- Complete annual HMRC declaration for Share Options.
- Attend board meetings and take minutes.
- Attend pension trustee meetings to keep Company updated on current events.
- Complete Annual Return for 1 dormant UK Pension Scheme.
- Perform Internal Audit assignments as requested by COO.
- Complete annual Internal Audit questionnaire for Group.
- Read and comment on contracts and legal documents.
- Liaise with lawyers over the preparation of legal documents and arrange for signature by Group.
- Maintain Real Estate Records and liaise with advisors - property agents etc.
- Act as 'conduit' for Intellectual Property registrations and issues.
- Act as 'conduit' for GDPR.
- Maintain time and attendance records for Finance Dept.
- Annually review public policy documents eg Modern Slavery Act statement and Tax Strategy statement.
- Monitor Group Compliance programme and advise local directors accordingly.
- Reconcile Import Duty declarations.
- Main contact for Insurance declarations.
- Reply to ad hoc requests from French parent company.
Please get in touch if this sounds of interest.