£35-45K Finance Manager sought after for Avonmouth based firm
Your new company
Avonmouth firm with turnover of circa £6m seek a qualified by experience Finance Manager to manage a team of 3
Your new role
You will report straight to the Managing Director and your daily duties will cover:
- Day to day management of all-accounting functions, including payroll.
- Leadership, recruitment, motivation and management of all accounting personnel - currently a team of 3.
- Ownership of all accounting timetables, ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
- Preparation of monthly management information, including relevant analysis and commentary on key variances.
- Financial forecasts and annual budget preparation.
- Cash flow forecasting and working capital improvement.
- Setting of targets for all accounting staff, monitoring targets and providing feedback and guidance.
- Encourage the ongoing coaching, mentoring and development of the Finance team
- Ensure apprentice/trainee accounting staff (from time to time) have suitable and relevant training programmes designed to enhance capability and experience, add value to the business and is aligned to external study programmes.
- To enhance processes and systems with the aim to improve effectiveness of the accounting department, enhance internal customer service and to provide better information for senior management.
- Develop, implement or improve the internal financial controls so that they are commensurate with the size and needs of the business
- Attendance at management meetings when required and presentation of financial results.
- Oversee and manage the relationship with external accounting and advisers
- Project work as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Likely to be qualified by experience with some experience in a manager's role
- Management of a finance function, including sales and purchase ledgers
- Better than average Microsoft Office skills - particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Good communicator and mature approach to dealing with challenges
- Experienced manager of staff and good interpersonal skills
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Credible and able to develop strong working relationships across all functions of the company
- Willing to have fun at work and to get involved in all aspects of the business.
- Ability to embrace the traditions of a growing, well established family run SME, but with the enthusiasm to grow the role along with the growth of the business.
- Ability to look outside of the box, Happy to work in a relaxed environment and a Self-motivator.
What you'll get in return
Great culture to work in and a long term role with this firm, they are looking for someone to stay with them for the long term goal
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.