Finance Business Partner
- Full Time
Finance Business Partner
- Contract type: Permanent
- Working pattern: Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
- Salary: £38,990.64
- Location: Manchester
- Closing: 11:55pm, 24th September 2021 BST
- Roles available: 1
We are the Equality and Human Rights Commission. We are Great Britain’s national equality body and a United Nations accredited National Human Rights Institution. We were established by the Equality Act 2006 and our role is to protect and promote equality and human rights across England, Scotland and Wales. As a statutory non-departmental public body, we are funded by HM Treasury via the Cabinet Office, but we operate independently of governments.
We pride ourselves on being a flexible and inclusive employer. We celebrate difference, embrace diversity and support all our people to thrive at work. If this sounds interesting - apply to join us!
This is an exciting time to join the Finance Team, we play a key role in advising and supporting all teams across the Commission, ensuring that they have sufficient resources and the right information to manage budgets and to deliver against our business plan. The role acts as the face of finance and consists of a varied mix of:
- Financial management with advice, support and constructive challenge provided to budget holders.
- Producing accurate forecasts and reports, providing analysis and insight and assisting with annual and long-term budget preparation.
- Supporting our objective of ‘continuous improvement’ ensuring the our finance systems and processes are up to date
If you are looking for a challenge, enjoy working in a flexible and supportive team and you like a role where you will be able to make and influence decisions then we may have just the vacancy for you.
As a member of the Finance Business Partnering team, you will play a key role in advising a range of colleagues across the Commission.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will
- Provide a high quality, customer focussed Finance Business partnering service to the Commission’s budget holders, developing an understanding of the strategic direction and business plan deliverables.
- Contribute to best practice financial management, proactively engaging with senior managers to support delivery of the financial strategy and key financial outcomes, ensuring that all decisions are in line with HMT guidance.
- Produce and interpret monthly management accounts, analysing data to provide timely and accurate information to budget holders to assist them with the effective management of their budgets
- Work with budget holders to produce accurate monthly forecasts to facilitate decision-making, proposing remedial action and providing a constructive challenge and scrutiny function.
- Assist with the preparation of our annual report and accounts ensuring that information is accurate and produced in accordance with current guidance, ensuring the integrity of our Statement of Financial Position to enable the Commission to produce unqualified statutory accounts.
What we are looking for:
The role will be varied, so you will need:
- Proven financial control experience and good analytical skills. You will also have strong problem solving and communication skills and be able to build successful relationships quickly and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- To work collaboratively with other business partners to ensure that good practice is identified, shared and developed and that consistency of approach is adopted.
- To be at least part-qualified working towards full qualification at the appropriate level (CCAB/CIMA) with proven experience of preparing and producing financial plans and management accounts and be able to demonstrate an understanding of working within a financial management environment.
- Experience of using Excel and other software packages to interrogate and present financial information using look-ups, pivot tables and graphs.
You will be assessed against our core skills (Leadership, Delivery Management and Stakeholder Engagement) and the knowledge, skills and experience required for the role in the application form. Please provide evidence and examples from your work history or other aspects of your life to demonstrate how you meet the criteria required. Full criteria details can be found in the candidate pack.
This is a challenging role. In return, you will be able to make a significant and visible contribution to wider work of the Commission and join a supportive team and will have opportunities for learning and development.
For full details please click apply..