5 days left
- Full Time
About the role
The development and use of technology in the NHS is fast, intense, and exciting, especially in the last year. NHS Digital has been at the forefront of these technology and data advances, and our Finance team is a critical component of this delivery.
Our Finance Team is expanding and we’ve several roles available, it’s an exciting time to join us and help shape our future. This is your opportunity to take a step forward in your career and showcase your talents and passion for the NHS. You will join a diverse team of finance professionals specialising in digital, technology and data and could find yourself working on the very highest profile health technology projects.
The Finance Operations and Systems Team are responsible for ensuring best practise finance processes and systems are in place for all relevant stakeholders, for example, Finance, Portfolio Item Managers (PIM) and the Executive Management Team (EMT).
As Principal Accountant - Finance Operations and Systems you are the senior Finance information systems analysist, ensuring that multiple finance information systems data flows and reporting are accurate and effective. You will work with project teams to understand and manage on data requirements and integration within multiple systems. You will apply different techniques to meet business requirements and be able to document and communicate requirements to stakeholders. You will work alongside both internal and external stakeholders during projects and systems implementations and ensure data integrity is maintained across systems. You will use process analysis techniques to ensure processes are efficient and users understand roles, responsibilities and application.
We are recruiting several Finance roles and so would welcome an application from you for as many roles as you are interested in. You can view all of the roles on our website. Please be assured that any applications you may make for multiple roles will not count against you but we ask that you tailor your supporting statement to each role you’re applying for.
Some of the key skills and experience you will bring:
- Significant knowledge of the preparation of statutory annual report and accounts; International Financial Reporting Standards and accounting best practice and audit processes
- Substantial knowledge and experience of corporate, accounting, financial and IT systems implementations, for example, Oracle, O365, Tagetik, Power BI etc. in large and diverse organisations
- Proven experience of delivering corporate and finance change projects to ensure lean & efficient systems & processes: meeting the strategic needs of an organisation and operational needs of key Finance & Business stakeholders.
- Substantial knowledge of best practice end to end finance and wider corporate processes and dataflows to enable efficient processing, management and reporting of financial and corporate data.
- Proven ability to proactively engage a broad range of stakeholders with experience of building consensus across diverse stakeholders on process change.
- Strong financial analysis, modelling and presentation skills; a proven experience of manipulating, analysing and controlling large, complex data sets ("single source of truth") through well-controlled financial processes and reporting methodologies and presenting outputs in a meaningful format.
- Must hold a professional accountancy qualification at Masters level such as CCAB/CIMA
Why you should apply
We value the different experiences our people bring to their work at NHS Digital. We're working to create an environment where everyone can make a full contribution no matter their background, identity, or circumstances.
Which means, we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Don't worry if you don’t meet all the criteria we’ve suggested – knowledge and experience you've gained in other ways might make us think about the role differently. Go ahead and apply.
Our work matters. You matter.
What we offer you:
- Flexible working including part-time hours, job sharing, flexible hours and part-remote set ups
- 27 days annual leave increasing to 33 days with service
- Ability to buy and sell annual leave
- A generous pension (with our contribution equal to 20.6% of your earnings)
- NHS Discounts including shops, restaurants, gym, mobile phones, and insurance
- Employee benefit schemes including our Season Ticket Loan and Car Lease schemes
We have an inclusive and supportive culture that recognises and values difference. We have a continuous focus on wellbeing and career development, and on valuing both individual and team engagement. We are passionate about our contribution to the effective operation of the NHS and committed to continuous improvement delivered collaboratively with users and stakeholders, embracing innovation and flexibility to adapt to rapidly developing environments.