Head of Project Accounting
An International Infrastructure and Development Business is seeking to appoint a Head of Project Accounting with flexible working from their London Head Office.
The finance team's role is to provide a complete accounting and financial management service to enable the Board and Management to meet statutory requirements and exercise effective financial control over their projects and businesses.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant and have proven experience leading a large team with confidence, and hands on project accounting knowledge. You will need to be both proficient and confident in accounting systems; and be able to develop growth and continuous improvement within the team. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead monthly contracted project review meetings, ensuring timely delivery of accurate management information to practice directors
- Ensuring robust forecasting is undertaken, controlling costs, monitoring project budgets and managing revenue recognition
- Use financial analytical skills to bring underperforming projects to the attention of Finance Business Partners as soon as possible
- Responsible for ensuring a robust control environment, enforcing quality controls and conducting spot checks
- Review the work of project accounting team, and train and mentor them where weaknesses are identified
- Support implementation of best practice processes and continually seek opportunities to innovate and improve performance
The successful candidate with be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) with 2 to 5 years of post-qualified experience in project accounting. Some team management experience is essential as is experience in either implementing or enhancing finance systems and processes. PIf interested, please submit your CV or contact Pres Pillai at Marks Sattin.
Apply for Head of Project Accounting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly