Finance Manager - Finance Operations
A great opportunity for a Finance Manager - Finance Operations to join a public sector organisation based in Leeds who are focused on the ongoing government response to Covid 19. A great team and good working environment with a strong benefits package and good work life balance.
A great opportunity for a Finance Manager - Finance Operations to join a public sector organisation based in Leeds who are focused on the ongoing government response to Covid 19.
An exciting opportunity to work for a public sector organisation at a critical moment for the country in its response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. This is a great way to use your accountancy skills and experience to really make a difference and to support the ongoing government response to the pandemic.
This organisation has undergone a period of rapid change in response to the pandemic and due to internal moves, progression and increased new programmes, two qualified finance professional opportunities have been created to lead within the finance operations team.
The finance operations team play a crucial part within the organisation ensuring all core finance operations are completed within required timescales and processes and these roles will play a key part in the ongoing success and continuous improvement and development of these teams - they cover:
- Accounts payable,
- Accounts receivable,
- Supplier Maintenance,
- Cash recs
- Corporate reporting including published Transparency reporting and KPIs
- Corporate Credit cards
- Supplier audit
- Audit recommendation and control improvements
The two appointed Finance Manager - Finance Operations candidates will take ownership and lead on some of the key areas above and will lead on specific tasks from the key areas below to be allocated based on the best fit to the successful candidate's skills and experience.
Key accountabilities for the roles - specific split to be designated on appointment
- Delivery of core finance operations
- Corporate reporting
- Effective management of internal control and delivery risks with emphasis on customer service
- Leadership, development and strategic oversight to the development of diverse team across split site
- Overseeing the embedding of new working practices within the teams after a period of significant change. .
Ideally candidates will be fully accountancy qualified ( ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA ) with the following skills and experience.
- Previous leadership of a team with excellent people management skills with the ability to promote team cohesion, and adapt to changes and improvements;
- Ability to work flexible and adapt to changing priorities;
- Effective liaison skills to work with multiple stakeholders;
The role is currently being worked on a remote basis, but when the situation changes for staff to return to the office the successful candidate will be working and managing a team in Leeds and so will need to be able to commute to the area at least 1 day per week from the beginning of 2022.
c£49,000 - £58,000 plus a generous holiday entitlement and civil service pension scheme
Commitment to staff development