SF Recruitment are supporting a well known product retail & distribution business in the recruitment of a permanent Financial Controller
The successful candidate will be joining a small but established finance team of 4 team members. This role is suited to someone who has a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role and is confident in their own ability. A candidate who can recognise where improvements are needed and then implement the necessary solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate management accounts
- Intrastat/ National Stats/ VAT reporting
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Purchase ledger and sale ledger control
- Cash flow management
- Build strong relationships with auditors and other stakeholders
- Commercial support on non-stock supplier renewals and negotiations.
- Commercial support for business decisions.
- Ad hoc.
Experience and skills required:
- A desire to improve processes, controls, reporting and decision making.
- Experience of the key roles and responsibilities.
- Can operate at senior level and also be comfortable in the detail
- Strong team leadership
- Flexible and resilient
- Problem solve and manage change in a positive manner
- Build good working relationship
- Results and deadline driven
- A knowledge of Pegasus Opera is desirable
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Be either ACCA, CIMA of ACA Qualified
- Retail, web and multi-site industry experience
The role is based on site as their offices with working hours from 8:30am - 5pm Monday - Friday.