Interim Systems Project Accountant
Interim Systems Project Accountant Newly created finance team based in Leeds for a newly created organisation. This represents a great opportunity to join a newly created organisation with an exciting future ahead of them.
A newly created organisation based out of Leeds to focus on projects to tackle climate change.
This Interim Systems Project Accountant role will be based within the newly created finance team with a view that 2 days per week would be spent working within the office and the rest of the time would be working remotely.
An Interim Systems Project Accountant for an initial 6 month contract. This is a newly created interim role so the details of the job description are still being formulated, but key areas of delivery and support may include:
- Lead the development of a Business Case for change to justify the implementation of a new finance system and attain agreement and approval for the project.
- Lead the development of system designs for a replacement finance system and lead the internal side of the project to successfully implement it alongside delivery partners.
- Modernise the financial systems and infrastructure to ensure that it is fit for purpose both now and for the future
- Safely managing the transition away from the existing solution, ensuring reach back access is available to legacy data.
- Drive increased efficiency and productivity across finance via overhauling and modernization systems and processes
- Ensure the new solution can successfully integrate with existing business critical systems e. HR & Payroll system and Charging System
- Manage and improve BAU support to the business on legacy finance systems whilst transformation project is underway.
- Ownership of all post-transformation finance system solutions, processes and applications.
- Ensure the finance systems & infrastructure enable and empower the finance function to complete all deliverables with a high-level of accuracy, insight and efficiency, with a focus on eliminating manual work at every.
- Proactively look for opportunities to support and make incremental enhancements and improvements to current and future finance systems, reporting and data analytics capabilities
To be successful in the role of Interim Systems Project Accountant you will need the following accountancy skills and experience:
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
- Previous experience with systems projects including leading on the implementation of a large ERP system
- Experience of supporting a range of key stakeholders
- Ideally candidates will have a background of experience in either banking/financial services or public sector - or a combination of all of these.
Initially an interim contract inside IR35 on a PAYE or Umbrella company basis with day rates considered between £250 - 450 per day depending on relevant experience.
Hybrid working pattern with at least 2 days per week based out of the newly refurbished offices in Central Leeds.