Provide full support to clients of varying sizes while playing an influential role in the firms own development.
Michael Page is partnering with a leading independent practice who are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join as a pivotal hire into their growing Accounts team. The firm has grown organically and sustained positive growth over the last year and they are looking to complement their growth with a new Accounts professional. The firm's clients range in size; from small sole traders to large businesses with multi-million-pound turnover. The successful individual will carve an influential role; playing a major part in the future development of the firm, whilst joining a team where every staff member has an opportunity to make a real difference. The firm encourages and fosters an ethos of quality service across the entire business, where individuals are developed to achieve their potential and career goals.
The key responsibilities for this Senior Accountant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Derby are:
- Preparing management accounts and year-end accounts for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies;
- Dealing with different sized companies within wide sector varieties;
- Completion of accounts to director review stage;
- Liaising with clients to resolve queries and offer accounting advice;
- Act as the main point of contact within the firm for clients, keeping them informed of progress in relation to all aspects of service delivery and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Prepare end-of-year reports, statements, and business and personal tax compliance;
- Assist with end of year audit preparation;
- Develop, retain and motivate junior members of staff and assist in the management of the overall Business Services team on a day-to-day basis;
- Meeting clients face to face, ensuring representation of the business is completed to a professional standard; and
- VAT returns.
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Senior Accountant role at a leading accountancy firm in Derby, you must be:
- At least 4 years' experience of working in a varied general practice role and will be ACCA/ACA Qualified or at the final stages of their studies. QBE will also be acceptable for the right candidate;
- Proficient in Sage Accounts Production, Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks and all Microsoft software products
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships;
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and delivering client solutions; and
- Strong team-working skills; and
- Be a motivated individual and able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Highly competitive salary (dependent on experience);
- Great Benefits;
- Progression and development; and
- Leadership and strategy responsibilities