Accountant, FMCG, Brent Cross, up to £40k
We have a great excellent for a part qualified/ qualified accountant looking to join a well-known, award winning consumer brand. Reporting directly to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be a key member of the Finance team. You will be responsible for ensuring the accounts are and tax returns are up to date, complete and timely. Working closely with the other finance areas to ensure alignment and adherence to good accounting practice and internal control. Liaise with the external auditors, authorities, and other key stakeholders to ensure the smooth production of all statutory submissions & returns.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Co-ordinate the finance team through month end, and year end closing timetable and process, adhering to the target closing dates
- Oversee the bank reconciliation to make sure it is fully reconciled
- Ensure stock accounting, reconciliation’s and valuation is correct.
- Credit control including the issue of customer statements, allocating cash receipts, and chasing overdue debt.
- Maintain the fixed asset register, ensuring assets are held within the business, and correct application of additions, disposals, depreciation, and impairment
- Complete on a timely basis the tax returns for VAT, PAYE and corporation tax
- Support the annual audit process by providing accurate year end schedule and working closely with the external auditors
- Work closely with the Property Accountant to ensure accounting for investment companies is correct and complete. Act as backup during time of absence of the Property Accountant.
- Involved ad hoc finance projects and respond to / report on ad hoc requests for information.
You will need:
- Ideally studying towards/ completed a professional qualification: AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience working in a General Ledger function (FMCG or Retail sector preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that is a good team player
- Experience using SAP and/or other ERP systems
- Must be IT literate: Microsoft suite
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviors, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective
Apply for Accountant, FMCG, Brent Cross, up to £40k
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly