Financial Accountant - Full Time - Permanent
3 days home working / 2 days Northgate Arena, Chester
Grade 7, starting at £24,982 per annum
Benefits: Excellent company benefits including favourable holiday and pension package, shopping discounts plus free use of Brio Leisure facilities and free onsite parking.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st September 2021
Interview date: Provisional 1st October 2021
With a skilled workforce of more than 500 staff, we manage on behalf of Cheshire West and Chester Council their sports/leisure and entertainment facilities as well as operating Health and wellbeing programmes supporting residents across the borough.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to join our Finance Team. Reporting to the Finance Director and working alongside department colleagues. The successful candidate will.
- Lead in the preparation of monthly departmental and company accounts. Taking responsibility for the integrity of the balance sheet.
- Review and analysis variances against expected outcomes.
- Work directly with operational managers to review and interpret financial information.
- Maintain the cashbook and monitor cashflow.
- Work with the Finance Director in the preparation and monitoring of annual budgets and interim forecasts.
- Support the annual audit process.
- Undertake ad-hoc Management Information requests.
Skills & attributes
- Strong financial accounting skills.
- Analytical, organised and prepared to take responsibility.
- Experience in working with non-financial colleagues across a business.
- Sage 200 desirable but not essential.
- The role will involve some element of staff supervision.
- Qualified or qualified by experience, likely (but not essential) to suit a candidate with a practise background.
You will be joining a supportive and experienced Team as we continue to support Brio in its service delivery to our customers.
To apply for the above post, please visit the careers page on our website www.brioleisure.org to complete an online application form.
IMPORTANT - Invitations to interview are sent to the email address provided on your application form. Please ensure that you check your email account regularly.
Please note that it is not always possible to contact unsuccessful candidates individually; therefore if you have not heard anything within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion